CURRENT LAURA SECORD STUDENTS
In early January, students will begin choosing the courses that they wish to take during the next school year. This process is extremely important for a few reasons:
1. Students need to choose certain courses in order to graduate.
2. Students need particular courses to enable them to reach their chosen post-secondary destination.
3. Student selections help determine what courses we will offer in the next school year.
4. Students need to make good choices now as it will be difficult to make changes later.
Students will use our online system to make their selections. Guidance Counsellors will be in the computer lab assisting with this process. Early in second semester, all students will have the opportunity to meet with a Counsellor during MSIP to discuss their choices.
On the Calendar of Events page you will find a full schedule of all course selection activities.
Please view the Course Selection Presentation given in early January.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our school’s Guidance Office.
GRADE 8 STUDENTS
For information on choosing courses for Grade 9, please view the slideshow specifically aimed at current Grade 8 students entitled "Are You Ready for Grade 9 at Laura Secord? found on our Presentations, Documents and Forms page.
All DSBN Grade 8 students living in Laura Secord's boundary, MUST choose courses with Grade 8 teachers using the online system in Career Cruising, even if you wish to attend a different high school.
If you are a DSBN Grade 8 student wishing to come to Laura Secord in September 2020, but do NOT live in our boundary you are to do the following:
1. Complete online course choices for your boundary school
2. Complete an Alternate School Request Form and submit to your DSBN Elementary Principal
3. Complete a paper copy of Grade 9 course choices for Laura Secord and submit to your DSBN Elementary Principal
If you are NOT a DSBN student, please visit our Guidance Office to pick up a Registration package.
DNA ARTS PROGRAM
We are revising the DNA Application at this time. Please check back in October for updated information.